BrightStores is back with some truly amazing NEW updates! The ability to edit orders is a game changer in the Promotional Products Industry, and we’re taking it to the next level. Our team has made some state-of-the-art updates that will change the way you manage your Stores for good!
So, what’s changed? Admin of the Store can now edit the size or create a new size, as well as edit the color, price, item quantity, and so much more! You can even edit the existing set up charges and shipping amount, as taxes will automatically recalculate. The best part? All changes are made in real time, which means anything you edit will be saved instantly. It doesn’t get any easier than this! Keep reading to learn more about this advantageous new feature.
Accessing Orders to Edit
Picture it – a shopper has ordered their perfect new gear from your store and…OH NO! They’ve accidentally ordered the wrong size or color. This is always a bummer, but now the problem can be solved! All you have to do if an incorrect order has been placed is navigate to the Orders tab and simply click Edit for the order you wish to revise.
What can you Edit?
Pretty straightforward so far, right? Next, once the order is pulled up, navigate into its Products tab. Here, you can make any of the following changes:
- Changes to the Size option selected (including modifying the sub-SKU, and price modifier).
- Changes to the Color option selected (including modifying the sub-SKU, and price modifier).
- Changes to the number of units ordered for the item.
- Changing the Purchase price of the item.
- Changing the Options price for an item.
- Removing Item(s) from the Order
- Changing Setup charge for an item.
- Changing the Shipping costs charged on an order.
How to Delete Items
The good news is that deleting items is just as easy! To remove a line item from an order just follow these simple steps:
- With the Products tab of an order pulled up, click the red trash can icon and then you’ll see a pop-up window.
- In the pop-up, it will state:
Editing an order:
Will adjust inventory and recalculate taxes (except for Tax Cloud).
Will not impact any payment methods used (no payment will be refunded or charged).
Will not adjust or recalculate shipping costs.
Will not impact any virtualization.
Gift Certificate products cannot be edited.
- Click Confirm after checking the box labeled “I understand that deleting an item cannot be undone.“
Removing an item automatically updates sales tax in real time and will also adjust inventory! We’ll admit, it’s not completely effortless – but it’s pretty close.
Are you ready to take advantage of the spectacular NEW Edit Orders feature? We thought so! Check out our Support article to learn more and get in-depth directions.
If you have any questions or want to get started on an Online Store of your own, contact us today!