Personalize your Company Stores with permissions! That’s right, in today’s blog we’re getting technical. So what’s so great about Permissions? This advanced feature offers unbelievably customized controls. Permissions have state-of-the-art benefits that shoppers who require different store privileges or types of access within the same store may covet.
What are Company store Permissions
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves! What exactly are Permissions? Permissions create unique user experiences that control what users can see and experience in the Store. This feature also helps to create a more meaningful and relevant shopping experience for each individual user based on a set of “rules” put in place by the Administrator. These “rules” also determine the group each shopper is in and what they can see. For example, if the Marketing Team needed to order Trade Show supplies, they could hypothetically visit their Company Store with Permissions enabled, and be the only Team who can see these specific items.
How do Permissions work?
We know, this is pretty exciting stuff! So let’s dive right into how Permissions work. First, the Admin will need to create Groups of Users. For example, you could create a group for Marketing, Management, Sales, or any other type of group that you can imagine!
After creating each group, it’s time to add Permissions to them! This is the step where you will decide which groups have access to which items. Remember those “rules” we were talking about earlier? You create those them here in order to grant users access to certain parts of the Store that the general public may not be able to view. It’s also important to note that you can have single users belonging to multiple groups, and that they are not limited to just one. Like we mentioned, Permissions are meant to be tailored to your needs and Client expectations, and are completely customizable.
Types of Permissions
- Admin & Storefront Access
- Control who can see what aspects within the admin area and storefront.
- Categories & Products
- Allow users to see Categories and Products specifically for them.
- Control who can see and use certain logos in the Storefront.
- Payment Methods
- Control who can use certain types of payment methods and the checkout experience.
- Control which addresses users can see and use when checking out.
- Shipping Methods
- Manage the types of shipping methods shoppers can use.
- Restrict the coupon codes shoppers are allowed to use.
- Custom Data Collections
- Control which data collection fields users can see.
- Manager Order Approval System (MOAS)
- This method requires a manager to approve or deny an order before the shoppers can checkout. The shopper will be notified when their order has been approved or denied. Once an order is approved, the order will be placed. If an order is denied, an alert will be sent to notify the shopper.
When we said customizable, we bet you never imagined the level of personalization you could accomplish in your Client’s Stores! Our advanced Permissions feature is pretty impressive, if we do say so ourselves. And that’s not all – for a full list of amazing features available for Company Stores, click here.
If you have any questions or you’re ready to get started, contact us today!