As an Administrator, setting clear guidelines and expectations for yourself and any other representatives from the very beginning can ultimately save you a lot of administrative time, So how exactly can you achieve this?
We know this is important to you. That’s why our Distributor Advocate, Katie and Sales Manager, Connor have provided you with some tips and tricks on how to be a good Administrator to your End User Client and their shoppers. So let’s check them out!
Discuss Expectations & Details With Your End User
Starting an Online Store is so exciting! However, there are a few crucial points to consider before diving in. Knowing what to expect and what your End User needs prior to starting the Store building process is absolutely necessary. Some details you’ll want to hammer out beforehand include:
- Store Details
- The specifics of your Clients Store are essential! Discovering things such as what Store type they need, the Store Setup they want, and the products that should be included are fundamental to success.
- Yes, another deadline. But don’t stress – this one is for your own good! Understanding the timeline of when your Client wants to open their Store will ensure you have everything you need before the Store launch!
- Does your Client want any type of custom design? If they prefer to keep it simple, we totally support it. However, if they want their Store branded, our amazing Design Team is always here to create beautiful Stores and assist you with any specific design choices your Client wants.
- Does your Client need specific functionalities in their Store? They may benefit from additional features of Add-Ons at the time of the Store Build or later on in the future. Either way, it would be advantageous to check in with them about this.
Program Requirements To Consider
If we haven’t already said it enough, details are crucial! Your Client may want specific Vendors and definitive answers which is completely understandable. That’s why it’s important to discuss points such as:
- Thread Colors
- Order Management
So what can you do to help them with these requests? BrightStores to the rescue! We have some helpful features that can assist you. We offer Live Supplier Inventory, which can undoubtedly be valuable. So what can using our Supplier Inventory feature actually do for you? By connecting specific items or all of the items in your Online Stores to our Supplier database, inventory will automatically be tracked in real-time based on what our Suppliers have on hand. You can even pull Inventory counts directly from participating suppliers which will then be displayed on the Storefront to your shoppers as well as the Admin. Check out our full blog here for more information.
If using this feature, it’s important to check out our Participating Suppliers to ensure that they are also taking part in Live Supplier Inventory. You can find them here on our Supplier Database!
Don’t see your preferred Supplier? Let us know! That’s right, you can always get in touch with us and request a new Supplier. Please reach out to email@example.com if you would like to request any new suppliers.
What kind of Reporting Capabilities or Reporting Frequency does your Client need? Both Simple Stores and Company Stores offer a Custom Report Builder and Reporting Suite, so gathering important data has never been easier. Below are some, but not all, of our ingenious Reports you can use to accomplish goals:
- Custom Report Builder
- Inventory Report
- Product Sales
- Budget Report
- NEW Organization Level Sales Report
- And More!
Setting Specific Guidelines for Important Information
You may need recurring information from your End User, and setting specific guidelines in the beginning can help ensure a smooth process for both of you. So what are some important points to discuss with your Client in regards to the future of the Store that you can hammer out right now?
- Frequency of Report(s) / What type of Report(s)?
- Changes in Account Balance
- Additions to the Store
Updating Order Status
Your Client has an important job to fulfill as well! They must communicate with their employees or shoppers regarding Order Status. As much as we talk about making your job as easy as possible, you can help do the same for them. By discussing these things with them, you’ll make way for an easy, breezy Holiday Season!
- Tracking Updates
- Shipping Times
- Expected Delivery Date
- Live Inventory
- Order & Shipping Confirmation Emails
- ** Please Include a “Contact Us” page in the End User Client’s Store so the Shoppers know who to contact for help with orders. BrightStores is not responsible for End Users.
Keeping Your Store Current
You don’t want to be caught off guard when it comes time to implement changes in the Store! Communicate with your End User about how and when the Store will need to be updated by using these discussion points:
- When to swap out Products or add new Product options
- Marketing updates & Emails
- Changes to Store Design
- Will your Client want Add-On’s or Integrations at any point? If so, what and when?
Last, but definitely not least, we have our beloved Discovery Document. This is a valuable sales tool we created that outlines the questions you need to ask your clients to identify the right solution for them when it comes to Store Type. It can help steer you in the right direction! Check out our Blog here to learn more about the other important questions to consider when building your Clients Online Store.
Becoming a good Administrator takes time and practice, and we have no doubts you’ll get there if you aren’t already! Taking advantage of our tips and tricks on the way can only help, and that’s what we’re here for. Don’t hesitate to look through our Webinars on demand page for helpful resources, and check back soon for our Webinar on How to Be a Good Administrator, where Katie and Connor will be going into all of the points in this blog more in depth. They will be covering all these topics, as well as answering frequently asked questions about our Systems and how they can help you!
Contact us today to get started! Our Team is excited to talk to you.